Thursday, August 06, 2009

August 6, 2009

As I write this from the family lounge at Children's Hospital in Denver, I am reminded again how fortunate we are to have had healthy kids and to hug them and love on them as a blessing from God! Thanks Casey and Adam for the privilege to be your mom--I love you to the moon and back.

Deanna is beautiful and growing, but still not completely healed. Yesterday the ENT doctor had said that she had severe acid reflux, today the GI doctor said she did not, nor did she aspirate. Sounds confusing??? Well, it is contradictory so we don't know much more today than yesterday or the day before so tomorrow will be another day of "consults" and "study" and hopefully more answers and steps forward to solving the problem and not just covering up the symptoms.

We do know that from her chromosomal tests that came back abnormal were completely linked to me...that may surprise some of you or not :) We don't know what a "flipped" chromosome means for Deanna or for me for that matter, but we are assured that it can't be all that bad and we are both UNIQUE and SPECIAL and now...bonded.

So...tomorrow will be more of today with hopefully more explanation and understanding. My head is spinning with questions so I need to go write them down before I forget then off to bed.

Hopefully, Brian can remember the USB cord tomorrow and I will post some pics in her new "crib".
Good night!

2 comments:

Shari Schwarz said...

Hi Jami,

Thanks for the updates. Your kids are so lucky to have such a loving mom. I'm praying for you guys and Deanna. Are you all down in Denver?

Katie said...

Sounds like a difficult day, and I am sorry things are so confusing right now. We are praying for answers, and for peace and rest for you friend. Can't wait to see pics. I hope you slept well and are ready for this new day.